Saturday, October 15, 2011

Tucson Meet Yourself 2011

Today, October 15,  I will be attending the Tucson Meet Yourself festival.

6:15 p.m. Arrived at the Tucson Meet Yourself Festival.

First thing I tried was the Savory Beef from The Peru tent, I asked a man in line that ordered the same thing as me and asked what he thought about it, he replied with "The Savory Beef is very rich in flavor" Tom Patterson at 6:28 p.m.




At 6:32 I walked over to the Chinese food tent and took a look at their menu, I asked a gentleman by the name of Joe Hall what his thoughts were on their order #1 Gyudon.
"Gyudon has no sauce, its rice and meat and onion; very flavorful."


At 6:37 I experimented with the caribbean chicken and the carrot juice, I asked a woman by the name of Michelle Martinez what her thoughts were about it.
"The carrot juice and caribbean chicken is spicy and peppery at first, it is very tender and it kind of tastes like an egg roll."

 At 6:40 I was making my way over to the other side of the festival that had more food tents and dancing going on and had to stop because there was a wonderful smell. I turned a looked and there was a mini-doughnut stand, I did not try them because the line was ridiculous but I was able to snap a picture of the long line and the tent.
At 7:00 I mad my way over to the Sweden tent to try their Swedish Meatballs, they were extremely delicious and flavorful, so much to the point where I forgot to take a picture of them because they were scarfed down so quickly.

At 7:20 the lines were starting to become extremely long and it was very hot, but the food was great! I snapped a picture of the crowd while I was waiting in line for the Philippine food for twenty minutes and snapped a picture of the crowd.

At 7:45 I tried the Philippine Adobe and Lumpia. It was very flavorful and very filling, after this meal I was ready to go into food-coma.
At 8:00 p.m. I was on my way to my car when people were making way for the bag pipers to come through, it was the end to a great experience that involved great food and all different kinds of people.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely live blog! Clearly there was a theme here: food. Check out the Spiderweb Writing blog--Allie also went to Tucson Meet Yourself (and she also focused on food). Wonderful job talking to people. I would have liked to have seen more description and more about you--your experience/connection--but great use of pictures and interviewing.

    ReplyDelete