Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Paparazzo Article: Commentary

This story is about a girl Dodai Stewart that trails a paparazzi for a day to find out what his job is all about. The central conflict is that most people have a bias towards paparazzi because they feel that they should mind their own business; when in reality they are giving the public what they want, the hot gossip. The central character is the paparazzi himself, Wagner who knows celebrities daily scheduled routines and feels this way at the end of the day. "...I know I don't hurt anybody, you know? I go there, I take my photo, I go home."
The Day I Trailed A Paparazzo

I think that this story on, The Day I Trailed A Paparazzo, is very interesting because it gives you an eye for what someones profession is, and not just a boring profession, but one that is talked about on a daily basis and that I personally didn't think about until I read this article. Readers should definitely click on this article if you're interested in the true story about paparazzi or celebrities because it will enhance your outlook on them. The larger theme in this story to me was when Wagner spotted out Liev Schreiber and reached out to him on the subway, making small talk but also confirming with him that he knows he has to get a picture. Schreiber poses for photos rather than making it a big deal that it's an invasion of privacy and that to me shows that not all celebrities think they are too good for anyone or anything. This story makes me think about the issue of what matters and what doesn't. People are hyped up about celebrities, and that's okay, but there are so many other things in this world that matters other than if Sarah Jessica Parker is going to be coming out of her home today.

No comments:

Post a Comment